veggie stuffed bell peppers
- 6-8 Bell Peppers(tops removed) remove stems & chop up tops and use in mixture
- 4 – zucchini (peeled and Cubed)
- 1 – small eggplant (peeled & cubed)
- 8 oz. Porta Bella mushrooms ( washed & chopped)
- 3 pods garlic (minced)
- 1 – Purple Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup jullien carrots
- 1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes (Chop and soak in warm water for about 10 minutes)
- cauliflower rice steamed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6-8 eggs depending on amount of bell peppers
- (optional) Jenny-O turkey ham or cubed ham can be added for meat option
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large pot, add water 3/4 of pot and place on high fire and bring to a rolling boil add Bell Peppers and boil until slightly tender, drain and set on a 9 x 13 greased pan. Meanwhile, take a large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients to bowl adding ham if wanted and excluding butter and eggs. To the mixture add to taste the following: Montreal Seasoning, liquid smoke, tabasco, 1 tsp. beef bouillon cube (crushed), and Worcestershire sauce. Mix the ingredients till all is distributed very well and evenly. At this point you can choose to sauté’ the mixture to soften up the vegetables for faster cooking or stuff peppers with mixture leaving about 1/4″ from top. Add a heaping tsp. butter on top of each pepper and place in preheated oven. Place an additional pan in bottom rack of oven filled with water this will help with steaming the the peppers and it’s stuffing. Cover peppers loosely with foil and bake for about 20-25 minutes. (After 20 minutes you can check your stuffing to see if veggies or getting tender), when ready add an egg to the top of the pepper and at this time u can add an additional spat of butter (I am a butter addict so I would but you do not have too), cover loosely with foil again and place back in oven. Cook an additional 30- 40 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Checking about every 20 minutes. When cooked remove from oven let sit for about 10 minutes then serve and enjoy!!