- 9 cans Van Camp’s New Orleans Style Red Kidney beans
- 1 container of Holy Trinity
- 2 squirts liquid smoke
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 tsp. “Better than Boullion” Beef – beef blend
- 2 stick butter
- 3 packs of smoke sausage – pork and beef blend ( sliced into bite size pcs.)
- Montreal steak seasoning
Place 2 cans of beans and smash completely, you can also blend it in a food processor. Place smashed beans and all other ingredients in large pot.
Cook on Medium until it starts to bubbling about 30 minutes to an hour. Lower heat to Low to simmer. Stir every 30 minutes, slightly smashing remaining beans as they cook. You will cook until it becomes very creamy. The longer it cooks the better it will be.
This is a quick way to enjoy Red Beans & Rice without the headache of cooking it from dry beans. When I cook these no one can tell its from a can.
Cook rice and serve beans over rice with cornbread on the side.
Cornbread – I use Jiffy cornbread mix. ENJOY!