- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large green cabbage, roughly chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 pack smoked turkey sausage (optional)
- liquid smoke 2 -3 tablespoons (optional)
- Worcestershire Sauce 2 tablespoons (optional)
- the original recipe didn’t call for the last three items, I added these for my changes and likes.
- Calories with out the last three ingredients is 280.
- Select SEAR/SAUTE’ and add the butter. Once melted, add the onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the cabbage in the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the vegetable broth. Add the liquid smoke and Worcestershire Sauce and sausage if desired. Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Season again with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately or place in Keep Warm until ready to serve.
The end results were delicious and creamy. The turkey sausage was a great added touch in my opinion. I would definitely make this quick soup again. The recipe was found in the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Complete Keto Cookbook by Megan Flynn Peterson. I will add the link below to purchase the cookbook if needed for extra recipes.
Ninja Foodi Link:
Posted in Ninja Foodi, quick meals, Uncategorized, What's for Dinner
Tagged cabbage soup ninja foodi, cooking, family, family recipes, main meals, quick meal, recipes, vegetable
4 large chicken boneless chicken breast
1 cup water
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
freshly ground pepper
8 slices tomato
about 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
fresh basil, for serving
Place chicken and water in the pot. Season with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
When Pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
Carefully remove the chicken breast and drain any remaining water. Wipe out the pot. Place the reversible rack in the pot, making sure it is in the BROIL position.
Arrange the chicken breast on the rack. Top each with the tomato and mozzarella slices.
Close the crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 6 minutes. Select START/STop to begin, checking the cheese after about 5 minutes.
I served the Caprese Chicken with a simple green salad with olives, roasted garlic, heirloom tomatoes, marinated artichokes, feta cheese and topped with Ranch Dressing.
I got the recipe from Ninja Pressure Cooker Complete Keto Cookbook written by Megan Flynn Peterson.
Continue reading →
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 bell pepper – chopped
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic – minced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg – beaten with fork set aside
- 2 – Pie shells (9″ inch deep dish)
- Ole’ Bay seasoning
- two squirts liquid smoke
- three shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp “Better than Bouillon” – Lobster Blend
Saute’ onion, bell pepper & celery in butter until onions are clear. Add crawfish, and all seasoning along with bouillon and cook until crawfish are cooked about 20 minutes. Add Cream of Mushroom soup. Stir and cook about 15 minutes. Add Bread Crumbs & beaten egg. When adding egg add very slowly while stirring constantly, this will stop it from cooking immediately. Season with Ole’ Bay, black pepper, salt and tabasco to taste. Mix well. Pour crawfish mixture in one pie shell , spread evenly. Place other pie shell on top of the crawfish. Crimp edges to seal and poke holes with a fork on the top pie dough to vent. Bake according to pie shell directions.
I had a little trouble with my crust but it was delicious!!!!!
- 9 cans Van Camp’s New Orleans Style Red Kidney beans
- 1 container of Holy Trinity
- 2 squirts liquid smoke
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 tsp. “Better than Boullion” Beef – beef blend
- 2 stick butter
- 3 packs of smoke sausage – pork and beef blend ( sliced into bite size pcs.)
- Montreal steak seasoning
Place 2 cans of beans and smash completely, you can also blend it in a food processor. Place smashed beans and all other ingredients in large pot.
Cook on Medium until it starts to bubbling about 30 minutes to an hour. Lower heat to Low to simmer. Stir every 30 minutes, slightly smashing remaining beans as they cook. You will cook until it becomes very creamy. The longer it cooks the better it will be.
This is a quick way to enjoy Red Beans & Rice without the headache of cooking it from dry beans. When I cook these no one can tell its from a can.
Cook rice and serve beans over rice with cornbread on the side.
Cornbread – I use Jiffy cornbread mix. ENJOY!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can New England clam chowder (progresso)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams – drained
- 1 can whole baby clams – undrained
- 5 medium red potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 tsp of Better than Boullion – Lobster base
- season to taste with, Old Bay Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and a dash of Liquid Smoke
- mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with about a fourth of a cup of the half and half -mix well and add to slow cooker. This will thicken the soup.
Mix all ingredients into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours ENJOY!
Just want to apologize to all my loyal followers for my absence. Life has been kickin’ my ass lately.
Work and Life got in the way. I had a death of a family member who was very dear to my heart and who was taken way, way, way to soon before her time, and then a month later I just lost my lil 4 legged companion. He was very loyal and lived a very long life October 1st he made 14 years old and on the 7th he went to doggy heaven to be with his best buddy Busty who passed away 2 years earlier.
Each day life gives us challenges whether BIG or small, good or bad. Most days the good outweighs but the few dark days are so dark that it makes us even feel like we may be being punished for something or that life and the situation is not fair. We have to understand that there is a larger picture we cannot see nor touch, but somehow it has a message, a life lesson hidden to discover. We may have to wait hours, days, months or even years to maybe get an understanding of what that message is. Until then we have to put one foot in front of the other, face the day head on with a smile and know that happiness is around the corner. So NEVER give up on Life it is too precious and way to short not to enjoy!
- 6 – tuna steaks cut about 1 & 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- Liquid Smoke
- Tabasco – Green pepper blend
- Accent Flavor Enhancer
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Cayenne Pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos – Soy Sauce
Place steaks in a shallow pan and lightly or heavily dust both sides of steaks with the ingredients above to suit your taste. Keep Flipping steaks in the pan to make sure they are fully coated with seasoning. Place steaks and all the seasoning in a zip lock bag and remove air from the bag and let marinate for about 20-40 minutes flipping about every 10 minutes. Remove and grill for about 3.5 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
3 lbs. Ground beef
1 lbs. Ground pork
Handful of “Holy Trinity”
1 tsp. each of the following: Worcestershire sauce, A-1 Steak sauce (Bold & Spicy), “Better than Bouillon” Beef base, minced garlic, mustard, & Tony Chachere’s seasoning.
1 & 1/2 tbs. Ranch Homestyle Dry Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs – (Progresso Bread Crumbs-Italian Style is my fave)
5 shakes of Tabasco – red pepper blend
1 tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 heaping tsp. Ghee
1 squirt of Liquid Smoke
1/3 cup tap water
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix very well until all ingredients are very well blended together. Form into patties and Grill burgers (cooking times may vary according to your pit) about 20 minutes rotating about every 5 minutes. You can cut into one to see if it’s cooked to your liking. The 20 minutes on our pit produced a medium well burger. Depending how large or small you make your patties. I was able to make 8 large burgers and 4 small burgers.
I had plans for grilling burgers tonight and my neighbor surprised us by bringing over fresh Tuna steaks. He and his family are my greatest taste testers giving me honest feedback when I am trying new recipes. For that I am forever grateful to them and always happy to cook and share with them! They loved the tuna even the kids so get ready tomorrow. Pick up 4-6 tuna steaks (in your seafood deli or frozen steaks are fine just run cold water to defrost) if tuna is your craving choice or 2 pounds ground beef & one pound ground pork if Burger are what you are craving. See you tomorrow with recipes.